Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ok, so i am a procrastinator! lol

Ok, ladies I am a bit late, but I have been crafting. I have been wanting to use my sewing machine and I have been, but I haven't done anything green yet. I want some new material and I think I am going to make a hip green patterned nursing cover for my "green" project. I want something that will look good while out, and I found a cover that I would love to have that I am going to try and make! So that is to come, but for last month that I never got around to do/post, I have been trying to make a few different things. I tried some pants for my girl, but for some reason always made them too small, so I guess they are for the new baby who will be here in June. lol I am in the middle of making pillows too. I have some sewn but am going to screen print them with a nice print for the kids. I am doing some for the girls with butterfly's and then one with an airplane for David, then for the other boys I am going to do things that they like so they know its their pillow. New pillows are always nice to get! and The twins are getting to the age where they will start using a pillow on a regular basis,so i will get those in, too. But I did make a big playing pillow for the nursery floor. Which is what you see. I used everything that I had on hand but that we never used or really needed because we had so many! SO for this pillow I used baby blankets that we have SOO many of and sewed them together on my sewing machine, then I had a box of old clothes that could not be worn or that no one ever wore, and I cut those up and stuffed the pillow with that. It is all washable and it made a good stuffing for a big floor pillow. I want to also make one in blue for David too! Here is the one that I made so far so I figured its better late than never for February!  I was trying to flip the one picture but for some reason I cant. But it is a pretty big pillow and I think they will like playing on it in their room.

 View photo.JPG in slide showView photo.JPG in slide show

2 comments:

  1. I did make a matching one in blue for david last night too! they like to play on them and sit on them. mira looks like a little princess sitting on top of it! They like to lay while having their drink too! I like how they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason the pictures aren't showing up for me. I've tried viewing your post in Firefox and in Explorer, with no luck :(

    But based on your entry, I think it sounds like you could have used this project as your "green" one. Nice work recycling items you already had on hand!

    ReplyDelete