Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Challenge - Collaboration

Okay, so I'm always a little late to the party, but I've got a good excuse this time! The internet went out at our house for a whole 4 days! Sorry! And, my next post will be all about UFO/WIPs.

I seriously considered making this month's challenge a request for suspenders for all us pregnant ladies, since my pants do not comfortably stay up anymore, but that seemed selfish.

Instead, this month is all about collaboration! Let's see if you can craft well with others.

One of my favorite things is working with my husband, Eben, on craft projects. We always make it a point to do Christmas cards together and we can sometimes be found trying to puzzle out how to make a toy that our three year old has requested. Although somehow I always end up doing all the sewing.... Plus when we work together, we can both be overly proud of the result.

So, challenge yourself this month to craft collaboratively. Be it with your partner (wedding planning, for example) or a friend or even a complete stranger. I've never made it all the way through a quilting project, but maybe you can swap quilt pieces with a friend. Or log onto Ravelry and see what other knitters, crocheters, and weavers are working on. Use the forums to share ideas or check out how others completed similar projects. Go crazy and collaborate with a kiddo! Or a neighbor!

For my part, I'm hoping that Eben and I can put together a mail sorter for the back of our door before our time is spent collaborating with one another on parenting a newborn. I'm in charge of the sewing and fabric parts of the construction and he's in charge of the metalwork part that will be three hooks that go over the door. We'll see how well we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment