Thursday, January 5, 2012

work in progress

So I'm way late posting for December's work-in-progress challenge, but I'm going to use the holidays and travel as an excuse and post anyways :)

I'm co-hosting a dinosaur-themed baby shower at the end of the January, and I'm in charge of decor. This basically led to hours of me googling for craft ideas and then trying to replicate them.

Here's what I've got so far:


Framed dino silhouettes - really easy! I already had the frames from some other project that never happened, otherwise I think I would have gotten brown ones. The backgrounds are just scrapbook paper, and to make the dinos, I just found shapes I liked, printed/cut them out, traced them onto textured scrapbook paper, and cut them out. They were all supposed to be facing the same way, but I accidentally put glue on the wrong side of the poor triceratops.


rawr banner. I found a cute font (go to FontSquirrel for lots of free fonts!), upped the font size to like 400, and printed and cut the letters out. The flags are more scrapbook paper. I need to get some ribbon to string the whole thing together, and then I have plans to make cute coordinating paper pinwheels with dinosaurs on them to hang at the edges of the banner to make it a little fancier.

and finally, a request for ideas... in a moment of temporary insanity brought on by a free shipping deal, we ordered a bucket of FIVE HUNDRED small & medium sized foam dinosaur stickers... any ideas as to what I can make with them??

2 comments:

  1. Pooja, those are SUPER CUTE!!! I may need to commission some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a dino garland? Or paste them all over the walls of a kids room in a dinosaur shape?

    ReplyDelete