Thursday, January 5, 2012

WIP from December

December was a month full of works in progress - many of which got out the door in the form of Christmas presents, but many still remain on my list because I ran out of thread or time!

The BIG WIP for the month was definitely stockings. I've been meaning to make stockings for the past three Christmases. I have several knitted stocking patterns in my Ravelry queue, a failed patchwork stocking attempt from last year, and four very nearly complete stockings from this year! I'm expecting to finish them for real next November/December.

But I made really good progress. I used a pattern from PrudentBaby for the stocking shape and some lovely Ikea fabric. For each stocking, I quilted together the Ikea fabric, batting and white cotton - following the outlines of the red shapes on the fabric.



Then I sewed two quilted pieces right sides together, leaving the top open.


On two of them, I sewed on bias tape to the top to finish them for use this year. The other two weren't needed this year and were done after Christmas.


Next year, I'll add cuffs to all of them with each of our names on them. But first we need to know who stocking #4 belongs to!


No comments:

Post a Comment