Thursday, March 10, 2011

February Challenge, only a few days late....


Okay, so I actually DID make two things for the home in February, but then we went a traveling and then we got sick, and then I never did post them....

First off, I knit an afghan. I actually started it in December, so I'm not claiming it as my February craft challenge thingy. But, it's a whole afghan, which took quite some time, so I wanted to show it off.

The pattern was purchased at KnitPicks, and I've posted the details on Ravelry. I really loved that I could buy the pattern and the yarn on KnitPicks and the calculator helped me figure out how much yarn I needed for the project. Simple! There aren't any in-progress pictures of me knitting; just imagine me curled up under the blanket knitting away for hours at a time.

My second project, and the one that was partially inspired by this blog is a potholder. But not just any potholder, a recipe potholder.

I entered it into the PrudentBaby pretty potholder challenge, which sadly, I did not win. They were giving away a sewing machine and I REALLY wanted it. But, that's okay, I'm over it.....

I followed some of the tutorials listed on their site, but also used some printable fabric to print my recipe and a piece of advice right on the fabric.

I don't have any in-progress shots to share of this either. Stopping to take pictures just slows me down! I thought my potholder was pretty smart, and my advice? "For a happy kitchen, always have brownie ingredients on-hand. Then you'll have the basics. And chocolate."

5 comments:

  1. loved the pot holder and the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This printable fabric is a super idea! I will need to find a way to use that! I think you should have won that sewing machine. I am so impressed with the afghan but have absolutley no knowledge of knitting so I will just say the color and texture is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The afghan and potholder are awesome, but the advice is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! And we had to make several batches of brownies to prepare to take those pictures, so at least I got some good brownies out of the deal. (And an awesome potholder, of course....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That potholder is AWESOME! And now I have your brownie recipe! I think you should have won the contest.

    ReplyDelete