Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Greenish Gift

So I had a busy month, I just took a trip back to Buffalo for my very good friends wedding shower. I also decided to make her a quilt sometime in February which was not really enough time seeing as though I had to special order fabric and wait for it and then I put off starting it until my other girlfriend came for a visit and we sewed together. We got all the cutting and small piecing together which is probably how I actually was able to get this done in a two week period! My marriage suffered and my hubs said "NO MORE QUILTS!" (He's just kidding....sort of) and I may have neglected Vivy for a couple days but she likes Sesame Street SO much anyway. When i saw my girlfriends face at her shower, it was worth it! This was a nightmare but that's a long story I won't go in to it, but probably one of the nicest ones i have made.

I learned a couple things:

1. There is some AWESOME fabric for sale on Etsy and I am not sure I will ever primarily shop at Joanne's ever again.

2. Two people piecing the same quilt on two different sewing m
achines is not always the best idea.

3. The awesome free motion quilting machine I used from a friend of mine cost as much as my car therefor I will go back to my little Bernett and try to refrain from swearing.

So I know this might not fit in with the theme but I want to brag a bit to people who understand and I have absolutely no other time and honestly crafted-out for a week or so...


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is amazing. Fantastic job - it's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, that is a MASTERPIECE! i am beyond impressed and I totally feel you on etsy fabric vs crappy joann's (i test stuff with joann's fabric, but i make things from good etsy or quilt shop fabric)--i have a lot of the fabric in your quilt, actually--the joel dewberry modern meadow is one of my FAVES to use, I have it in a few colors...

    soo jealous of the free-motion machine, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks All!
    Erin, I cant believe the fabric. Probably should have added that this was Jelly Roll pattern from a book my sis gave me for my birthday but I could not find any Jelly Rolls that were not "old lady inspired". When I found Modern Meadow I fell in LOVE!!! oh so gorgeous are you Joel Dewberry. I love contemporary but never knew this world existed! It feel like a whole new inspiration!
    PS. Im a dork

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're all dorks, we have a craft blog. i keep checking back to look at your quilt more--i can't make the pictures any bigger, though--ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is spectacular. I'm really amazed - it's so beautiful and I love the fabric choices. You're a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is gorgeous! And I thought you just sat around at the pool all day!

    ReplyDelete