Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Green, New, and a Moneymaker!

My March project was a crib set test--fitted sheet, bumper, and skirt. A (online--gasp!) friend asked if I'd be able to make her new little one a crib set, and I had to test it before I could think about selling her anything, plus now I have a sample! ANYWAY, this fits the criteria because part of it is green (the fitted sheet), it was a new project for me, AND I am making some cool, crisp, green cash off of it! I have not one but TWO orders for crib sets!!!! I got the patterns from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones book. It was my first time using a strictly worded pattern--no online tutorial with a million pictures...The book was great for the bumper and the skirt, but I did find an easier pattern for the sheet online that kept the fabric in one large piece instead of 4-5 smaller pieces...All in all, the whole set was relatively easy to make (minus the cutting pieces bigger than my mat--ugh!). I did (of course) stay up WAY past my bedtime last night finishing the skirt and the last panel I attached is backwards. Thankfully our crib (and most) is against a wall so nobody can see THAT snafu!

4 comments:

  1. Erin that is really great! I am afraid of patterns so kudos to you! I think maybe it makes sense to sew the one backwards... I also am terrified of charging people for my sewed wares! Very impressive! Cha Ching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! you're an etsy superstar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very nice! And brave! I love it, and it's so much cooler than the ones you buy at the stores!

    ReplyDelete