Monday, February 28, 2011

I LOVE My Home but I am always late!


MyFamily and I moved into our home in September of 2009. I can honestly say we have hung3 pictures in the ENTIRE house since then. It was shameful but true. I am not much of a decorator, I'm cheap and "if it's functional its fine" migh as well be my personal moto! Funny thing is Im a crazy photographer so we have lots of great shots and lots of walls to hang them. What I lacked was motivation until Project Craftastic! I actually had bought frames at a garage sale like a year ago and stuffed them away ina closet because it began to overwhelm me! So I sucked it up and started the day after Erin invited me and it still took me this long!
So there it is: a huge wall and a huge mess! The under the stairs became part of the project after I did the rest because it looked awful! This is right where people enter our house so I've have had issues with it for some time... Its like the dumping ground and impossible to hide!

These are all the frames and I did a quick coat of spray paint to make them all the same color and clean them up a bit.

Below is a couple elements I wanted to add in for interest and had some super fabulous Ikea fabric left over! I love Ikea fabric! I covered a mat on one of the frames because it was stained. The cardboard W was more challenging then I expected and seriously took 2 hours... Oh brother! But Me and my friend Hot Glue worked it out eventually!

I actually had all of this ready to hang to catch the DEADLINE, but I needed my husbands help since the last time I tried to hang a curtain rod I busted a 3 inch hole in our freshly painted bedroom wall! Yikes! Plus I thought it would be a fun activity to do together (yeah right!!!) We actually only had a bit of a domestic on the original layout but once that was up we were both so excited about how nice it turned out. There is mostly pics of our gorgeous toddler throughout her 20 months, but I plan on adding more and more as we go! Lots of room!

Now I don't want you all to ask at once where I got that glorious chandelier... Can you believe it was here when we bought the house! We were really LUCKY! Hoping to fit that into one of these projects very soon! I have something up my sleeve and if it doesn't fit any of the categories , you better be ready for Let the Light in MAY!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE! Especially the fabric choices and those adorable creatures in the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks great! I really like the 'W' and the "family" mixed in with all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! Good Job Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Awesome!!! HUGE improvement!!! really cleans up the space!! You are so CRAFTY!!! Beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete