Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Curtains for Florida house




Like Erin, I made curtains for our vacation home in Florida. I didn't go all out - I just measured the windows, added inches for the seam allowances & curtain rod height & got down to business. I used a simple seam marker/dressmaker guide to mark my pins, serged the edges, used a sewing machine for the seams (I am still an amateur serger & didn't want to experiment with the cover stitch for this project), added the grommets (Joann's) and voila! The Black & white (guest bedroom) & the flower (master bath) fabric came from Boca Bargoons, and the pink & green (guest room) was from Joann's. I had leftover fabric so I made some throw pillows, too, and used some of the extra in 12X12 frames to create a "visual triangle" of the pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The rooms are great, I love how all the colors tie together!

    ReplyDelete