Monday, February 28, 2011

Kitchen "Art"work


My kitchen walls have been bare since we moved into our home a year and a half ago. And to be honest I don't know if I have ever been brave enough to have something on big, empty kitchen walls. So I decided to suck it and try to make something for the poor, naked rectangular space above the dining table. The stars are leftover from February birthday craziness. The birthday fairy was brave enough to decorate the space even if it was temporary.
Here is my attempt. I chose colors that match the colors in the kitchen rug. I added gold paint to each color and the sponge painted the color on the canvas. Finally I took a putty knife and ran it across the canvas to remove excess paint. So while I am clearly not going to make a living painting, I have something for my kitchen. Now if only I can get the courage to put permanent holes in the wall...

2 comments: