Monday, February 28, 2011

dishtowels

posted by: Pooja

or, more accurately, "dishtowel", since I only got around to making one of them... anyways, I used this Patchwork Kitchen Towels tutorial.


Started off with plain Wal-Mart dishtowels.


The tutorial has the strips of fabric going vertically, but I liked the look of horizontal stripes better. I pieced together some leftover fabric from an apron I made, and ironed all the seams open.


Sewed the fabric onto the dishtowel and it was done! I didn't pin it before I sewed, so the fabric rectangle and the dishtowel didn't quite line up, but folding the towel hides that pretty well :)

Apparently March is National Craft Month, so happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. yay Pooja! so cute! I feel like I need to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What a great way to use up some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooja, I love them! I really like the colors of the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make me a sports handtowel?

    ReplyDelete