Thursday, April 21, 2011

The "Squishy Chick" Easter Centerpiece





I totally lamed out this month and will be posting a toddler-hand-crafted candy centerpiece for Easter. I guess you could really use it all spring/summer if you wanted, though...


This was actually a pretty fun craft--I thought about making the Peeps wreath, but that's a little too much (Peeps gross me out). This was just right! The boys painted the dowels green and I hot glued the dowel into the embroidery hoop. Then "we" hot glued the Peeps (Elliott calls them "squishy chicks") around the hoop. I think I might use the extra Peeps on the backside of the hoop so that you can't actually see the hoop in the back. We ran out of glue last night... Stuck the dowel in some flower foam that was glued (Elmer's this time) into the Dollar Spot ceramic pot and stuck some easter grass around the edges to keep it from shifting. Then we added some more glue and easter grass and viola!


We're going to bring the pink one to my sister's for Easter and see if her uptight husband will put such a creation on his table. Should be entertaining! :)


3 comments:

  1. Your boys did a great job, as always! So, did it make it on the Easter table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered what I could do with all of those Peeps that show up uninivited to my Easter celebration.

    ReplyDelete