Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February Challenge - Consumable Crafts

Well, I continue my inability to complete a craft by being unable to post the theme on time! This is doubly duplicitous on my part, since February is short by definition, even with the bonus day.

Luckily, my favorite craft to make doesn't take as much time as most crafts. This month's challenge, which I titled Consumable Crafts, is meant to showcase that craft which currently provides me the highest sense of accomplishment, many hours of entertainment, occasionally more excitement than I would like, and is ultimately useful.

For me, that is making bread! I challenge you super-talented ladies to demonstrate and experiment with your bread making and baking skills. If you haven't tried making a yeasted bread before, I encourage you to check out some recipes and give it a try. Although rising does take time, it is unattended time, and the amount of ingredients can be small, and the smell of bread baking in the house is just full of happiness. Try a braided bread, or pizza dough. Homemade bagels, pretzels, focaccia, or even a yeasted savory tart. Go for everyone's favorite and try a sourdough bread! Or perhaps even homemade crackers.

Another advantage, if you enjoy baking bread, is that since it is consumable, you can keep making more. And, if you are as lucky as I am, even if the product is not to your or your family's liking, you might have a group of co-workers who will eat anything, no matter how awful you tell them it is.

I look forward to seeing the photos, and exchanging the recipes!

-Elaine.





1 comment:

  1. Well geez, I'm expecting the pastry chef/bread baker in the bunch will go to town on this one! Can't wait to hear about everyone's kitchen adventures.

    ReplyDelete