Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Little Less Exposure


This is really for the house, but I've meant to do this for at least two years. I crossed it off of my to-do list, therefore it is for me.

Our bathroom has these tow 48" X 48" mirrors over the bathtub so, in addition to the two mirrors above the vanity and the one on the linen closet....that's a whole lot of naked to see when stepping out of the shower. I wanted to make it a little less...reflective.

The curtains are made out of muslin ($16 for 10 yards at Joann's) and tied back with twine. Eventually I'll add beach glass to the ties, but we're throwing a party for 100 of our closest friends tonight so it won't happen today.

The palm trees are "etched glass" cling-ons I bought in Florida. When I first put them up, I thought it looked a little too much like something Bea Arthur might have in her bathroom, but together with the curtains, I like it.

Instead of having the various seashells from our beach adventures scattered on the ledge, I put them in an old candle holder and it made the difference I was looking for.

If anything, it's something new to look at while doing my business in the morning (Note the position of the toilet. Like I said, it was a WHOLE lot of naked before the curtains!)

Now for the rest of the list....

No comments:

Post a Comment