Thursday, October 27, 2011

Captain CaveKid


There was never really any question that Luke (my four month old) would be a dinosaur for Halloween. I am so in love with the the dino costume his big brother wore his first Halloween that Luke and any future babies will most likely be wearing that their first Halloweens as well (provided I can squeeze them in to it it fits them).

I had a really difficult time deciding on Adam’s costume though. I originally toyed with the idea of him being a dinosaur too, but I knew there was no way he would keep any sort of mask or hood on, and most of the costumes I found online had one or the other (and not to mention were more than I wanted to spend). I really wanted the boys’ costumes to go together so when my husband suggested Adam dress as a caveman, I knew it was perfect (though technically according to the geologic timeline cavepeople and dinosaurs did not coexist, but what's 65 million years between friends?).


So a a quick trip to Joanns for some animal print fabric and another to a Halloween costume shop for the plastic bones around the top and we were in business. I used one of Adam’s shirts as a guide for the size (and still ended up having to take in the sides twice).

We added his dinosaur feet slippers and a club (yes, I gave a two-year-old a club, probably not one of my better parenting decisions) and there you go, instant Cavekid. We'll be going to a party at a friend's house on Halloween, instead of door-to-door (he's still a bit young for trick-or-treating), but we'll put pants and a long-sleeve shirt underneath to keep him warm.

I think my little wild man pulls off the caveman look pretty well.

(By the way, Erin - I can't comment on your post for some reason, but the costumes you made for your boys turned out fantastic! You did a great job!)


1 comment: