Tuesday, May 3, 2011

wanted to share

I know this doesnt have anything to do with this month's challenge, but i wanted to share! lol I hope you dont mind! So i have been on a kick in the kitchen. Last week I wanted to make almond milk  because for one, we had almonds and NO ONE was eating them! Plus I really do like the taste of alternative milks. So i made that and it came out great! I loved it! I made shakes with it and it made them think and gave it a bit different of a taste (in a good way of course! lol) Well this week, I said I want to try coconut milk! so my hubby got me some coconuts and I made coconut milk! I got 5 cups of milk and 2 cups of flour out of one coconut! I am right now making coconut flour cookies and the kids are enjoying the milk! lol I have one more coconut so when i make that one up i'll take some pics this time! Thank you for letting me share! be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, as soon as I read this post, I jumped up to find you this recipe. I have actually been experimenting with making almond milk, too! The whole thing started with this recipe for vegan fettuccine alfredo:
    http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/fettuccine-alfredo-with-shiitake-mushrooms-kale-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

    I wanted to try it for a less fatty version of the dish and we all loved it! (And we don't normally follow a vegan diet!) The sauce is actually made from a homemade almond milk-who would have thought that would work?! The meal was very satisfying and did not make you feel gross and too full of fat and carbs after eating it. Very light and delicious. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try it out! thank you! I have to say that I love the taste of almond milk MUCH more than the taste of coconut milk! BUT i did really enjoy the cookies that i made from the coconut flour! lol i want to try almond flour and see what the difference is between the flours, but cookies were great! the hubby love the cookies too and he is picky about his cookies (its his family cookie recipe! lol) But the almond milk to me, tasted much better than the coconut milk. but the kids drank the coconut milk right down! lol

    ReplyDelete