Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stinky Feet

Okay, so these technically aren't a work in progress anymore since I just finished them. Other than my two year old (who likes to pick them up, smell them, and say "pee-wee stinky feet") you are the first to see them. Don't you feel special? You can consider it my Christmas gift to you.

About 6 years ago I decided to make stockings for my then-boyfriend/now-husband's Grandmother. I used thin sheets of plastic to create a pattern based on the shape of a store bought stocking. Since then I've made probably 40 of these stockings.

Here you can see my very sophisticated pattern in action. I have pieces for the outside of the stocking, lining, cuff, heel, and toe.


After cutting out the fabric I cross-stitch the name on the front using waste canvas.


And then sew!


These stockings are for my parents. My mom started dropping "subtle" hints about how nice it would be if all her grandchildren, children, and their spouses had matching stockings earlier this month.

That one is my mom's - her favorite color is plaid.

Penguins for my baby.

The whole crew

And it would appear the old proverb of the cobbler's children going barefoot proves true at our house, since every single one of these stockings I've made has been a gift for someone else and my kids don't have their own.

Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment