Friday, June 3, 2011

Late May Entry


I am a little late posting this, but I think it may apply to May's "light" theme and maybe June's theme. I will probably post again for June, since a lost of things in my house need "freshening up"! Okay, so I had this ugly outdated light fixture hanging over the table in the kitchen. See Figure A.


Figure A:
That thing had to go. It looked like a UFO.



I was about to sell Figure B at a garage sale when it dawned on me that with a coat of spray paint, it may actually be tolerable to look at!


Figure B:

It was difficult to spray the paint on and have no drips, so I did end up sanding it off a few times and applying more coats of paint. I kind of like the look that gave it, though. Sort of rustic....? I decided to paint the little candlesticks, too. I think it looks a little more updated now, it matches other accents in the kitchen, and it was even better that this transformation cost virtually nothing!


So take a look at Figure C:

So there you have it-the new "light" that my life needed!

2 comments:

  1. very nice! i am so glad someone completed the may challenge, I was totally at a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how this came out!

    ReplyDelete