Monday, January 2, 2012

Officially Late--I blame pregnancy!

I am officially late for December, but since Laura hasn't posted January's challenge yet, I figure it is ok...
Forgive me, the pictures are from my phone so the quality isn't great. My current work in progress is a twin quilt for Henry. I was working diligently on it, hoping to finish it before the baby arrives, but he is currently attached to a butt-ugly Blue's Clues quilt that belonged to his cousin, so I made the executive decision not to bust my butt finishing his new quilt... I can, however, show you the pattern and what I have started...
The pattern is called Disappearing Nine Patch. You start by making as many Nine Patches as you need for the quilt.
This picture is actually just the strips of three next to each other. Next, you use your rotary cutter to cut the Nine Patch in half vertically and then horizontally. Then you move the pieces around (like turning the top left and bottom right quarters halfway) and sew everything back together.
This gives the illusion that you pieced big squares, little squares, and rectangles, when really you just cut the Nine Patch and rearranged it! It's kind of involved, but when it's finished, it will look awesome, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment